Dr. Barry Neichin, Chief of Staff
About Dr. Neichin
Dr. Neichin has been caring for pets in San Diego since he opened ABC Veterinary Hospital in 1989. He is originally from New York and has always loved medicine, since his father was a Navy corpsman. His mother instilled in him a great love for animals, and his dream of becoming a veterinarian was born. He has been working in the field since his first job cleaning kennels in the 9th grade.
Dr. Neichin attended University of California-Davis, and during his time there received both his B.S. with highest honors in Veterinary Science, and his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine. He is a member of the Phi Zeta Kappa Honor Society.
When he’s not busy caring for your pets, Dr. Neichin enjoys hiking, SCUBA diving, camping, and traveling with his wife Lisa and his three children, Kelsey, Jonas, and Alexis. He also loves spending time with his own pets, a golden-doodle named Leo, a slender bill cockatoo named Chauncey, and his many fish.
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- California Veterinary Medical Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Fellow of the Veterinary Surgical Laser Society
- TPLO (Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy)
- Ultrasound Fellowship-UC Davis
- Fellow of the Veterinary Surgical Laser Society.
- Don Low Fellowship, a four-week course in diagnostic ultrasound.
Areas of Expertise:
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Laser Surgery
- Laser Therapy
Dr. Neichin's professional interests include orthopedic surgery, endoscopy and dentistry.